Finding yourself feeling exhausted, mentally drained, and lacking motivation? It’s possible that you may be experiencing burnout. Below you’ll find some resources for overcoming burnout.
Many of us have encountered burnout’s debilitating effects at some point in our lives. I certainly have.
Whether it’s from a demanding job, overwhelming responsibilities, or the constant pressures of modern-day life, burnout can creep into our lives and steal our energy and enthusiasm.
My first time overcoming burnout
Here’s the first time I shared, on Australian national TV, the story of how I experienced severe burnout whilst working in corporate (and ended up in hospital as a result):
During the COVID pandemic (2019 – 2022), I burned out again, but this time as an entrepreneur running my own business.
It’s crucial to remember that you have the power to reignite your inner flame and reclaim your joy.
Overcoming Burnout #2
Listen to my pandemic burnout and recovery story on Hustle & Flowchart podcast:
Read my essay and explanation of my slow growth framework:
After implementing my slow growth framework, my life changed for the better.
Additional resources for overcoming burnout (and preventing it)
- 152 Journal Prompts for Self-Reflection and Personal Growth
- Learning How To Build Capacity With Balanced Time & Energy
- How to Stop People Pleasing and Start Living a Happier Life.
- How to Outsource Life Admin and Better Manage Your Mental Load with Caroline Brunne
- Nothing is more important than what you have today by Trent McLaren
- Overcoming imposter syndrome by Constantine Geourgiou
- There is no “bouncing back” by Dan Norris
- Overcoming founder isolation by Constantine Geourgiou
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Shit Together: How to Run Your Business Without Letting it Run You by Sherry Walling & Rob Walling
By the way, if you’re an Aussie reading this and need someone to talk to, Beyond Blue has a mental health coaching service for small business owners and sole traders. It’s free, confidential and convenient. Available nationally by phone or video call, no GP referral is required.